Anderson Chevrolet in Lake Elsinore, California is currently seeking a Lot Porter/Lot Attendant/Vehicle Detailer for our rapidly expanding dealership! Experienced preferred but not required, we will train. Note: Successful candidate must be able to pass a pre employment drug screen and background check.
JOB REQUIREMENTS - While no experience is necessary, an ideal candidate will be dependable, professional, and have a positive, can-do attitude. Other requirements include:
- Comparing serial numbers of incoming cars against invoices.
- Inspecting cars to detect damage.
- Verifying presence of accessories listed on the invoice, such as spare tires and stereo equipment.
- Recording description of damages and listing missing items on delivery receipt.
- Parking new cars in the assigned area.
- Maximizing the use of space and maintaining the dealership lot.
- Cleaning, waxing, polishing and refurbishing old and new vehicles
- Using necessary equipment for cleaning and servicing of auto parts
- Maintaining the standard and quality of service of the organization
- Understanding and delivering to the specific requirements of the customers
- Inspecting the vehicles thoroughly
- Maintaining the proper function of all service tools and equipment
- Reporting any damage to the supervising manager
- Coordinating work with team members and management
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by supervising manager
- General familiarity with a variety of automobiles.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Pre Employment Drug Test.
Summary/Objective - The Lot Porter assists both the Sales and Service Departments in maintaining the new and used car lots, and in transporting vehicles to appropriate departments for service and inventory control. Our customers expect vehicles to be in the cleanest condition possible, and the lot porter plays an important role in making a great first impression when customers come on to the lot and/or pick up their vehicle.
- Medical, Dental, Vision (within 90 days)
- Growth Opportunities
- Fast Paced Work Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- Maintain appearance of stock vehicles – All vehicles SHOULD BE WASHED.
- If any mechanical problems are found, report them immediately to a Sales Manager.
- Prepare vehicles for delivery – Each delivery will need washed and a quality check performed. Check for any damage, drive-ability and cleanliness before delivery.
- Maintain the appearance of the lot and showroom – Ensure all pre-owned vehicles have Buyers Guides and all new vehicles have the Monroney sticker (MSRP’s) properly displayed.
- Keep new and pre-owned lot neat and orderly.
- Maintain a safe, clean & professional environment – At all times drive in a safe manner, wear a seat belt and observe the 5 MPH speed limit on dealership property.
- Get managers approval prior to driving any company vehicle off the premises. Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Help ensure customer satisfaction – Make certain work is done correctly the first time to prevent any comebacks, ensuring vehicles are completely clean. Work done properly helps ensure customer satisfaction and future business with the customer. All comebacks get #1 priority!
- Do not smoke in any vehicle and do not change or play the radio.
- If seats need to be readjusted, make sure to put seats back to their prior position.
- When a job is started, interrupted or finished communicate with the Service Department. Let the Lot Manager and/or Service Manager know if any problems arise.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner, immediately reporting any accidents, injuries or unsafe conditions to management.
- Shows when scheduled to work, on time, ready and able to perform essential job functions.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices.
- Three years licensed driving experience and good driving record preferred.
- High School or GED preferred.
- Experience washing/detailing cars preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to act in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
Supervisory Responsibility - This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment - This position operates throughout the dealership. Time will be spent outdoors in the weather and elements.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills
- Customer Focus
- Technical Capacity
- Strong Work Ethic
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work - This is a full-time position. Days and hours will vary to accommodate service and sales department working hours. Hours of operation are Monday - Saturday 7:30am – 6:30pm. This position regularly requires working evenings, weekends. Note: Schedules are subject to change. Two-weeks’ notice of a schedule change will be provided whenever possible.
Travel - The lot porter might be required to drive vehicles from one dealership to another.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications - None required for this position.
Other Duties - Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Statement - The Anderson Auto Group is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply, please visit: http://www.andersonchevroletca.com/ and click ABOUT - CAREERS - APPLY ONLINE - LOT PORTER